Some prominent politicians’ names were missing as the All Progressives Congress (APC) released a list of 24 governorship candidates cleared for the 2019 elections.
Prominent among them are Professor Pat Utomi of Delta State, and Senator Magnus Abe from RIvers, who both emerged as candidates from parallel governorship primaries held in their states.
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, made the list public in a statement on Friday.
He said the list was harmonised at the meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC held on Thursday.
“Following the Governorship Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held across the country, the Party’s National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopts the under-listed as Governorship candidates of the APC for the forthcoming 2019 general elections,” the statement read.
Names of governorship candidates for the 24 states are:
1. ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
2. MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
3. SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
4. NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
5. MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
6. AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
7. ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
8. AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
9. ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
10. BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
11. MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
12. ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
13. EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
14. BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
15. TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
16. UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
17. NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
18. ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
19. DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
20. GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
21. OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
22. INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
23. SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
24. SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE
The APC had on September 30 conducted its governorship primaries across the states. However, some of the state had held their primaries after the September 30 slated date due to controversies that marred the exercise in those states.
Candidates of some states as Imo, Zamfara, Adamawa, were the governorship primaries have not yet been concluded were not in the list.