There is a popular saying that ‘health is wealth’ which has justified to be true. We all know the kidney to be part of our body but most people do not have a deep insight and analysis of how this kidney functions and what damages it.
Below are some of those careless habits that might affect our kidney:
- Holding Urine: Passing out urine is one of the things we do in our daily lives. Urine is a waste product stored in your bladder. When you hold your urine for too long, bacteria present in it begins to multiply this resulting to causing harm to your kidney.
- Excessive consumption of salt: Salt is a hypertonic solute in that when consumed in large quantity forms a hypertonic solution around the kidney thus dehydrating it. People should learn to consume both sugar and salt in small quantities as both are still strong solutions.
- Low intake of water: Water is the best diet you can give to your body. When the water content of your body is low, it firsts reports to the brain and thereafter affects your kidney. When you are not taking large quantity of water, kidney stones begin to form and this further blocks the tubules.
- Excessive drinking of alcohol: Alcohol when taken in large amount causes harm to the kidney. When you take alcohol more than the required amount, it affects your liver and kidney.
- Pain killers: Pain killers are widely used to subside pains but research has proven that consuming excess pain killers causes serious damage to your kidney. Taking them in excess has very serious health complications.